Since 2005, Mississippi Spay and Neuter (MS SPAN) has fixed or provided spay/neuter vouchers for over 77,000 cats and dogs. Our Big Fix Clinic in Pearl has successfully altered more than 44,000 animals since 2008, which proactively helps fight the Jackson Metro Area's dire pet overpopulation problem.
Mississippi Spay and Neuter works with agencies, organizations, communities and individuals to humanely reduce pet overpopulation and euthanasia. Our goals are to:
· End pet overpopulation in the state of Mississippi.
· Increase access to low-cost spay and neuter services.
· Increase awareness of pet overpopulation and promote spay and neuter as the most effective means to reduce it.
· Foster caring and respectful attitudes toward animals and their needs.
· Engage and educate the community on the benefits of spay and neuter.
Currently, MS SPAN provides pet owners living in 42 counties or 82% of Mississippi's residents with access to low-cost spay/neuter services either through their voucher program, high-volume spay/neuter clinic (the Big Fix Clinic), and/or through their referral services to the other 3 high-volume clinics around the state as well as referrals to other animal welfare groups with "Animal Care" funding. MS SPAN also offers free transport services from 3 locations in a 90-mile radius to the Big Fix Clinic.